Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mother: Bolo Ta Ra Ra

when I was in 8th std, Daler Mehndi's Bolo Ta Ra Ra released.
Very soon, it became a big hit.
I didnt have the cassette and I wanted to get it from my neighborhood friend.  He had bought that cassette soon after its release.
I thought to raid his house to get the cassette..
When I was about to go out, my Mom appeared on the center stage.
She asked me if I could go and get the cassette.
She wanted to listen to it badly..

So I said:
"If you want to listen to it, then go n get it. I dont want to hear those punjabi songs. So am not going."
I was very lazy and still I am.

So she went to my friend's house.
The new character in this story is a dog.
My friend had a dog and it was very aggressive.

Mom got the cassette and when she was about to return, that dog did bite her.. That dog did its job, before the owners could do anything.
'Had I visited my friend's house, instead of my mom... '
Oh, my god, I could not even think about that..

Final scene:
When she reached home with the cassette, I could not stop my laughter..
She played the cassette and I began to sing 'Bolo Bow Bow Bow Bow'.
Note: She was afraid of Rabies and avoided using lemon pickle for a few months..

No comments: