April 1st 2010
To start with, let me recollect what happened in the morning.
A few gals in the company bus wished me 'Happy Birthday' and I thanked them for wishing me. When reached office, Jagath( Trainee s/w engineer) bought sweets for getting his first salary. I sent mail to my team saying that it was because of Jagath's birthday. By seeing this mail, our division head wished him happy birthday!! Distributed the sweets after the Sprint meeting. Thus morning is over..
As per the plan, Hemanth(my dearest pal Hemu) and I met in the evening. We together went to Shangum mukham beach. Spent more than 1 hr there, talking about his engagement, Ireland news and our Europe trip under construction! Then we went to airport to pick his sister up. After dropping her at his flat near to Raj Bhavan, we went to city.
In Trivandrum City
According to the plan, we proceeded to Pankaj Hotel. Heard that the bar functioning there was very good. One of the security staffs stood there welcomed us and opened the door. Asked him where the bar was when stepped into the hotel. His reply really shocked me.. And he showed us a board there on which we could see 'Bar Closed'.
We then started our inquiry. "Is there any bar functioning in the city?
"You can not find any place in the city, as today is the 1st day of the month." he clarified..
We thought to spend some nice time together inside a bar sipping chilled beers. And Hemu would be going back to work in Ireland soon. What a shock!
In Kerala, everything is closed on 1st day of a month. Whats this..
In Bangalore, u could see bars, pubs, wine shops etc.. etc.. in every 100 metres fully functional in all days..
I knew it was April Fool's day.. but forgot that it was the first day of the month!!
Nobody fooled me this Fool's day.. but I myself fooled me and then said to myself: "I am a fool" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment