The biggest question in Biology
I do not remember exactly in which class I was then studying. I think I was in 9th class. There I used to ask questions in the class. Since I felt that I was intelligent, asking questions was much needed for learning and it also helped my ego growing as well.
Let me come to it. I used to question things which were not okay for me.
One day our biology teacher was taking class on reproductive system and she explained the functioning of various organs of both male and female. Interesting topic, huh?
The chapter simply narrates how an embryo is formed..
When the sperms from the male enter into the vagina, it then travel and meet the egg coming from the ovaries, an embryo is formed and it then starts growing inside the womb..
She then stopped and raised her eyebrows up signaling 'is there anybody having any question on this?'
Let me tell you, I was not satisfied with her explanation. I felt something missing. Some link was not there. Some connection was missing.. What was that? Any guess?
It would be a wonderful or sometimes the biggest question I had ever felt in my mind. I felt very happy that I had got a good question to come up with..
Teacher didn’t say anything about it and the biology book too didn't mention it. I thought the teacher might have forgotten to tell this link.
I looked at other students.. They didn’t have any question. 'All fools sitting here..' I gave an empathetic look at them. As the class time was over, I thought to ask this question when visiting the teacher's room or in the next class.
Had I asked that question, I would have been picturized as an ignorant idiot.
All guys knew this and it was I who couldn't find any clue on this concept.
It would have been a different story, had I asked this question in the class. All students would have laughed at me.. Silly me..
Do you want me to break the suspense?
The then clueless guy now giving you a clue..
Clue: I knew the ovaries are inside the female, so the eggs can come out without much issue.. There is nothing illogical. But the sperms are there in the male no?
I believe, now you have got the missing link.
Still no idea? Please find the question given below.
How come the sperms from the testicles of male reach the female vagina???
This connection was missing in the biology text book and the teacher didn't describe it in the class!!
Now I think the heading should be changed from 'The biggest question I have ever asked' to something like 'The biggest question I have ever felt to ask' or 'The biggest question in Biology' :)
Now I think the heading should be changed from 'The biggest question I have ever asked' to something like 'The biggest question I have ever felt to ask' or 'The biggest question in Biology' :)
Now I'm visualizing: What would have been her expression/reply, had I asked it??
No comments:
Post a Comment