An Innocent Why - comment on churidar shawl.
Location: 1st year B.Tech. Computer Science class.
During lunch time.
College days.. At that time I had been analyzing each and every thing and constantly questioning why it had been like that.. Upon watching something, asked myself why it was made like that. Any specific reason for it. If not, then why it could not be like that instead of this..
Why a cigarette is cylindrical in shape? Why do we add collar to our shirts? Why the pocket is just on the upper side of the shirt? Could it be placed at the bottom? Why no white board and no black chalks.. etc to name a few..
Suddenly a new question came up when I just looked at the gals over there.
Why do they use shawls over the top of churidar? Believe me, I didn’t know why gals always did that..
Is it for fashion, or for getting symmetric beauty by placing the two ends of the shawl equally on the shoulders? Like giving tails to the kytes.
I was infact asking this question to my friends loudly in the class, as if I were in a debate.. I was questioning the necessity of shawls. And why we men do not use any shawl kinda stuff over the shirt. Am I making any sense?
My friends didn’t answer this.. All guys knew why it was for but they didn’t give me any clue. They kept their mouths shut. Even gals present there too didn't utter anything and continued their private talks/gossips. And the question was erased from my mind when the afternoon session started.
Now whenever looking back, I could feel something strange out there.
Silly me..
No comments:
Post a Comment