Kari mizhi kuruviye kandeela..
Nin chiri mani chilampoli kettila..
Nee pande ennodonnum mindeela..
I liked the songs of the malayalam
movie 'Meesa Madhavan' especially the above song. But what happens when you
have no choice but to listen continuously to a particular song? You may put
your index fingers into both ears not to hear it anymore. Anyway the topic is
not related to songs..
Lemme come to the point.
A few years back, I often used to
visit the rented house of my uncle during my B.Tech days. This rented house was
located near to that of the owner. This owner had a son studying somewhere in
Tamil nadu. He is going to be the star of this story. This guy used to play the
'Meesa Madhavan' songs, mainly the above song. The very same songs from morning
to night!! I had no idea why he was playing the song again and again. Was he
mad?
Whenever I stayed there, I used to
wake up hearing 'Karimizhi kuruvi' and it became a Venkiteshwara Suprabhatham(Kausalya
supraja rama poorva..) for me. Later I became frustrated by this. Infact, I thought to gift him some new songs.
But I procrastinated it well :)
Later my uncle relocated and also I
went to Bangalore for job hunting. A few years later, I was told that the
owner's son, the Karimizhikuruvi guy committed suicide! He had a love affair
there at his college and some obstacles stood up against him. His parents would
have said Yes had he informed them. He might have faced some challenges from
the gal's side.. who knows..
I'm not going to dig further into
this and hence the story ends here leaving behind some memories. At the same
time, it pops up a few questions. Why SUICIDE? No other option? It has been
observed that a lot of youngsters commiitting suicide nowadays. Why? Exams,
love failure, job, some other issues.. sometimes they don't even need a reason!
I would point my index finger to the
parents, teachers, the education system
and to the society. We are not letting our children groW. We decide
everything for them. Never allow them to decide. They are not allowed to choose
their life partners even after they started earning from their jobs.
We start spoon feeding them from the
very child birth. Along with that, we impart our ideas, thoughts, views, etc,
etc knowingly or unknowingly. We never let them think in their own ways. And
the end result is they become quite immature throughout their lives, especially
during the crucial times to take decisions. They don't know how to face
situations, the ups and downs of life. Also the rate of divource is at an all
time high.
We do observe the Europeans and
follow those western styles to some extent. I dont't think any children there
commit suicide. Instead they may kill others!! But that is not the topic. That
is another version. The students over there enjoy a healthy lifes tyle. Thaty
do take a 'Gap' after their studies and roaming all over the world. They visit
many countries, experiencing many things, culture, people etc and learning a lot. No
parent is accompanying them. Here no parent would even think that. We should
consider this seriously and we should change our methodology in treating the
new generation for a better tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment